- Phone us to make an appointment.
- Phone or email to book into a group.
- Service providers: phone or email to arrange a talk in a community venue.
Tel: (02) 9560 3011
Fax: (02) 9569 5098
55 Thornley Street (cnr Cary Street)
Leichhardt NSW 2040
PO Box 240 Leichhardt NSW 2040
Bus routes: 436, 438, 440 from Central Station and 445 from Petersham Station
Monday to Friday 9.30am – 5.30pm.
We close for lunch between 1 and 2pm.
For emergencies dial 000 or go straight to hospital.
Care Outside Opening Hours:
If you are a client of Leichhardt Women’s and require care outside our normal opening hours, you may contact:
- The After Hours GP Helpline 1800 022 222
- Leichhardt Medical Centre, 10 Norton Street Leichhardt Tel. 9550 0322
- If you are in contact with the Mental Health Crisis Team, we remind you that the NSW phoneline is 1800 629 354 (24hrs)
Or go to:
- General Practice Casualty, Balmain Hospital, Booth Street Balmain (8am to 10pm 7 days)
- The After Hours GP Clinic in Canterbury Hospital, Canterbury Road Campsie (Hours: Monday to Friday 7pm to 11pm, Saturdays 1pm to 10pm (last patient walk-in no later than 9.30pm), Sundays and Public Holidays 10am-10pm ((last patient walk-in no later than 9.30pm)
The front door is up some steps. If you have difficulty walking up steps, let us know when you are booking your appointment. You can enter via the side gate in Cary Street by buzzing the door bell. Let us know though so we are expecting you.
A few last words
- We are not able to be crisis, or drop-in, centre. Our practitioners see women by appointment.
- If you have a medical condition needing fast attention, phone your local GP or go to hospital.